Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I got my new Bulldog winch for my GetLost bumper today! I've only got as far as unboxing and checking out the parts, but I plan on installing it this weekend.

In the spirit of "documenting" I'll be posting pics and thoughts as I go through the process.

The BOX! ~80lbs

The winch (and associated parts!)

Ok, so its not much... but its a start!

·
2,248 Posts
Bulldog is where I got the cradle, keyed disconnect, and the red quick disconnects for the cables. I also got a Bulldog cover and the cable safety bag that holds rocks and acts like a blanket thrown over the cable to prevent injury in case of a cable coming loose. Ross should be able to get all or any of these accessories if you want them.

PolarBZ,

PM me with your address and I will give you the Bulldog cover. I am keeping my winch in the storage box so I do not need to cover it.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Huey, thanks for the offer! PM sent.

·
2,248 Posts
Polar,

Sorry it took me so long but I just sent your winch cover by UPS. The tracking number is 1ZR030000373788820. I thru in an extra gift for being late. I put a set of disconnects in the box also. You can cut your cables and insert this disconnect under the hood. That will prevent anyone from using your winch without opening the hood to connect the power. Here is a picture of the disconnects.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Any updates?

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are! I just haven't got to them yet. Winch is installed and operational, I just haven't upoaded the pics yet! And, it's finals week, so it's hectic. In fact, I should be writing a paper right now, but I'm not. =)

·
2,248 Posts
Heck we could all collaborate and write a paper for you. Surely at least one of us knows something about whatever subject it is on. If not we could still fake it pretty good. The advantage of age and trickery over youth and inexperience.

·
Administrator
15,201 Posts
I could probably do a search and find an already written paper on the subject.:icon_biggrin:

·
2,248 Posts

·
Administrator
15,201 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright, here is the assignment...

"The assignment is to write a eight (8) to twelve (12) page paper presenting your plan to change / improve work culture and add value to your program’s core value creating process. This is your creation…your plan. If you were in a management position and wanted to make your desired changes, how would you go about it? What key components must you consider? In other words…if you had to make a presentation to your staff regarding your vision for work culture improvement / change and to add value to your core value creating process…how would you presents it?"

Any takers? =)

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I would start with Kotter's stance on leading change and throw in a little Northouse or Blanchard.

·
2,248 Posts
Yea..What he said.....I would also include empowering the employees that will implement the changes, solicit ideas from everyone, especially the work force and build concensus from the core group prior to defining the plan.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Team leadership concepts are critical in today's work force, you have to let the employees have a voice in the direction of the company and a part in the decision making process.

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Absolutely. Risk and Reward play into it as well. Without the chance for failure, there can be no success. There will be those who choose to risk little to gain little, and those who will throw caution to the wind in hopes to take the whole pot. In seeing those who carefully evaluate the risk vs. the reward, you can single out those who will make good leaders. Taking a risk and making hard decisions, and doing it well is an ability attained by few. Most are content to follow rules and orders set by others. I've had quite a bit of beer tonight. YOu should ignore me.

Oh - and as an effort to stay on topic, PolarBZ - did you connect black to negative and red to positive? Because, of course, that would be good.

Just ahd a thoght - can a49erFan write me an eticket for typing while dringking? Like a TUI? Dang.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It better not be too late or everyone will be to drunk to listen.
That's ok. Just be sure to put it on the website and everyone can go search for it.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Step 1. - Receive Box

Step 2. - Open Box, inventory parts - yup, they all look good.

Step 3. - Remove Skid plate - No problems except I forgot the right sockets for the electric driver and had to do them all by hand.

Step 4. - Remove Grill. Easy. Just pop the plastic rivets and it slides right off.

Step 5. - Unplug Fog Lights - no issue, they are pretty simple to unplug - but boy is it dirty back there!

More to come...

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Step 6. - Unplug temp sensor. (passenger side of radiator area).

Step 7. - Remove top bolts and bottom bolts.

Step 8. - Take of sweatshirt because removing all those bolts manually will warm you right up! Examine front end.

Step 9. - Examine all parts you took off - yup, all there!

Step 10. - Notice that the inside of the bumper gets dirty fast! Sweep it out, clean it up, and convince wife to spring for Line-X or powdercoating.

more coming...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts