Jeep Commander Forum banner

Are you concerned with the continued production of the Commander

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you care if Jeep continues making a Commander?
If so, why?
If not, why?

I would be ok with the idea if they discontinued the Commander, I this it would be good to own a piece of history, something no longer made. I would not have a problem with that.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I love the Commander. I can have a high performance luxury vehicle that can carry seven adults if needed. Its a great daily driver or with some modification from what I have read in this forum it can be a great off-road vehicle also. It looks nice anywhere I drive it. You can dress it up or dress it down. Where else are you going to find a vehicle like this?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Yes, to maintain its resale value and for better spare parts availability.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I really do not care, but lean more towards yes for the spare parts and aftermarket toys.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I could not care less about the Commander name, per se. What I wish, is for Jeep to continue to make a V8 powered, 7 passenger comfortable daily driver that can handle just about anything mother nature has to dish out. Then keep its rugged good looks and don't let it get bloated like Dodge allowed to happen to the Durango.

Then they can call it just about anything they want. ('cept Hummer, I'd choke on that. :ugh:)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Keep making these puppies, I need all the parts I can get!

·
Registered
227 Posts
i see that jeep5253 voted "I wish all subjects on this would die and go away". by now i'm sure he has searched the web and will soon be able to tell us exactly how many similar polls like this one we have had.

·
Registered
807 Posts
the longer the better......I want to keep this one and I would like to get another one when this one is paid off....the longer they stay around and the more that hit the road, the more popular they could be come and that will in turn start upping that chance for after market parts.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
I would like them to keep going - but if they don't, I'll live. I have mine.

·
Registered
953 Posts
The name of this thread made me think this was a poll about polls. ;)

I would like continued production with the hope of more aftermarket support. There wouldn't be soooo many options for the Wrangler (and CJs) if they were't around for the last 40-50 years, or the Cherokee or even Grand Cherokee. While the Commander may never reach a kind of cult status like the Wrangler, the number of options available for the GC ould be nice to have for our beloved XK/XH.

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
I don't really care either....nothing is forever!!! :grim:

However, If Jeep were to build a Grand Cherokee with 7 seats or a Wrangler with 7 seats I'd buy one.

Mmmm a 7 seat open top Wrangler...there's a tought!:)

·
Registered
807 Posts
Well sounds like the commander is over according to the thread saying Internation will be buying jeep.
I hope there is a 7 passenger jeep vehicle in the future since that was the reason I started looking at commanders when i traded in the grand cherokee. I love the commander....but i love all flavors of jeep.
I would take anything 7 passenger Rubicon.

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
Of course I would love for Jeep to continue making the Commander! I would like for more of our vehicles to be produced. But if it doesn't happen it's okay.....we still have a classic like I mentioned before IMHO. Also, Riddle made a valid point....even if they discontinue the name...it'll be nice to see Jeep continue making a 7 passenger vehicle.

·
Registered
953 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'd like to see the Commander continue. Great vehicle. Parts and support continuation would also be a plus.

John

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Well sounds like the commander is over according to the thread saying International will be buying jeep.
Where did you hear this? This is news to me.

I'd like to see them continue the Commander for the parts availability & unique styling, but then nothing is forever either.

Edit: i just saw the April JP article, looks like a good April Fools joke.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I agree as well.

Same here! If it means we will still be able to get parts for it, it doesn't bother me. But If you are looking to upgrade within the next couple of years it may effect your resale value. I plan on keeping mine until I have to Flintstone push mine! So I guess it doesn't matter. *** let the record show, I did vote to keep building the Commander because I have little faith that parts availability will not be effected.***

1 - 20 of 29 Posts