·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it does and I'm wondering about the quality of the poly.

Mark

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the links Blue I have been looking around but haven't found anything yet. I'll have a look at the links you provided thanks Blue.

Mark

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well so far Blue the only poly bush's I've found is in B.F.E. and the shipping on those are brutal plus I was reading here that one member ( can't remember his name) bought some and said they were to big. I sent the seller an e-mail asking him what he knows about this will see if he answers.

Mark

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I received an e-mail from the seller of the poly bush's he said from the information he has the bush's for the QT and the QD are the same however at the bottom of their add it does say if you don't have the factory Mopar bracket for the front bush you might run into trouble. I called my local Jeep garage and they told me two of the bush's are the same but the front bush for the QD is totally different I imagine the difference might be in the bracket. But I think I might go ahead and buy a set of these their total cost with shipping is expensive but I figure if I don't have to pull the diff as often I think its worth it.

Mark

·
Administrator
6,212 Posts
I received an e-mail from the seller of the poly bush's he said from the information he has the bush's for the QT and the QD are the same however at the bottom of their add it does say if you don't have the factory Mopar bracket for the front bush you might run into trouble. I called my local Jeep garage and they told me two of the bush's are the same but the front bush for the QD is totally different I imagine the difference might be in the bracket. But I think I might go ahead and buy a set of these their total cost with shipping is expensive but I figure if I don't have to pull the diff as often I think its worth it.

Mark
Sounds like a plan Mark, I hope they show up as advertised.

·
Banned
12 Posts
look at a company called Jeepperf they have poly bushings I picked up a set I pulled the front axle myself and took it over to 4 wheel parts and had them pressed in. all together it was 450 bucks. if you don't want to go that route look at the srt8 forums and there is a guy making them. good luck

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
look at a company called Jeepperf they have poly bushings I picked up a set I pulled the front axle myself and took it over to 4 wheel parts and had them pressed in. all together it was 450 bucks. if you don't want to go that route look at the srt8 forums and there is a guy making them. good luck

What diffs do you have Jon the QD or QT? Jeep Perf is the one selling the poly bush from Egypt. I went over to SRT8 forum and I guess I'm going to have to join I didn't have any luck with their search function on poly bush's not being a member.

Mark

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi Jon,

How are your poly bushings holding up from Jeepperf? Mine were JUNK and started flaking apart and were clunking by week three. I found thet guy from Jeepperf to be arrogant and non communicative. If you search real hard, you see a few people with GCs and Commanders that have issues with his stuff that apparently he does not stand behind. Anyway- I was wondering about the longevity of your poly bushing set.

Trevor

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just ordered a set of Crown ones after hearing all the mixed reviews on the Jeeperf ones.

From what I've gathered, OEM is about the best option out there for us :(

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have used poly bushings in cars and trucks for 25 years. I have NEVER seen poly bushings wear out or flake. In some cases, I have seen sway bars galled from the friction of rubbing on the poly and contaminants but never did the bushing break apart. I was looking at those and thought $300 for bushings is REALLY bending you over and now to find out that the product is junk and the seller has no honor. A big NO THANK YOU.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Flex. I notice that the mounting surface of the bush's looks like a octagon I wonder what's up with that.

Mark

·
Registered
213 Posts
Thanks Flex. I notice that the mounting surface of the bush's looks like a octagon I wonder what's up with that.

Mark
The hex shape is to reduce the amount of material in contact with the housing so that the bushing can flex and absorb vibration. The poly material is much stiffer than the original rubber mount mounts and could transmit a lot of road vibration etc. if it were completely solid. The Jeepperf bushings do not have this and do transmit some road vibration. I have the Jeepperf bushings installed now for about a year. They are very tough but do transmit some vibration though at an acceptable level.

Dan

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hi Jon,

How are your poly bushings holding up from Jeepperf? Mine were JUNK and started flaking apart and were clunking by week three. I found thet guy from Jeepperf to be arrogant and non communicative. If you search real hard, you see a few people with GCs and Commanders that have issues with his stuff that apparently he does not stand behind. Anyway- I was wondering about the longevity of your poly bushing set.

Trevor
I have the Jeepperf bushings installed now for about a year. I have found them to be very tough and I can't imagine how they could be flaking apart unless they were not aligned properly when they were pressed into the housing and forced in. This would cause the poly material to shave off and perhaps become loose in the housings. The poly material these are made of is the same as I have seen other poly bushings and I do not see any quality issues with the design or materials used in the Jeepperf bushings at all.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts