Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I love poser pictures... was on the way to drop by boat off to get summerized and some maintenence work, saw the open parking lot and of course felt compelled to take photos!

The best part... a woman pulled into the lot (you can see from the photos it's a big, empty lot) and asked me if I'm going to sell it.

I said... "no... these are my babies!!"

Both are a bit dirty... Boat will get about 5 coats of wax when I get it back... Jeep... well, it rained and my boat was in the garage >:)

haha

Sean

·
Registered
216 Posts
Nice boat. I was actually looking at getting about the same year Capri with a Force 120 outboard before I got mine. I don't have a hitch on my XK yet (has the tow package) so I'm towing with my Sequoia for now. Is that an 18?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yep! It has to be angled in the garage. I wish it had a fold away tongue on the trailer, that would make my life much easier because I could keep the boat and Jeep in the garage. Otherwise, the boat stays outside most of it's life - well covered though. These Bayliners have a tendency to get floor-rot if they get wet. Fortunately, mine is quite clean.

In my opinion, the early 90's Bayliner Capri's are very nice boats - and I'm not just saying that because I own one. All new boats look like they were cut from the same mold... all bubbly gelcoat.

My era Capri is kind of a hybrid between the older, angular boats and the new bubbly modern boats.

Mine is a 1991 Capri 2050 (20.5' long) with a 5.0 Liter V8 in it... which I think is going to hurt this summer. Towing my 5.0 L V8 around with my 4.7 L V8 is going to put a dent in the pocketbook this summer. It weighs about 3000 lbs loaded with gear and gas. So, the XK has no problems pulling her around.

Of course... there's nothing quite like firing that V8 up and being able to go when I want to....:)

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
great pics of the commander and boat. always cool to see people's commanders in action.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Nice picks, The lady that asked if it was for sale must have liked it too. She was hoping she could get a sale befor the ad got posted :)

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Your Commander and boat make a nice combo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts