Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy! I'm new to the forum, just purchased a 2007 4.7L 4x4. I suspect that I might have a leak in the rear main seal. There was traces of oil between the engine and trans, I wiped the area yesterday, I will check it again this evening and throughout the rest of the week to see if oil appears again. Anyway, I'm familiar with forums and I've searched this forum for two things, a DIY on the rear main seal replacement, and also for a link to an FSM download. I found a thread about FSM downloads but it was an old thread and I had no luck with any of the links. Does anyone here know of a writeup on the replacement of the rear main seal on the 4.7L V8? Also, what is the best place to get replacement Jeep parts, the Jeep dealer? I ask because I've always done my own work on my Nissans and "courtesyparts.com" was always the best place to look up replacement parts. I'm just curious if Jeep has any site similar to it. Any input is very much appreciated.

JF

Also, has anyone ever seen this Commander before, was the previous owner a member here? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
556 Posts
mopar.com, oem and fairly priced!

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
How many miles on the Jeep. I too have a 2007 4.7 liter and my rear main seal has been leaking for a few years now. The seal was under $10 from the dealer but the transmission and fly wheel need to be pulled to replace the seal. I'm sure you knew that though

Btw your jeep looks familiar. I'm think it was someone here on the forum

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How many miles on the Jeep. I too have a 2007 4.7 liter and my rear main seal has been leaking for a few years now. The seal was under $10 from the dealer but the transmission and fly wheel need to be pulled to replace the seal. I'm sure you knew that though

Btw your jeep looks familiar. I'm think it was someone here on the forum
It has 68k miles on it. Depending on how bad the leak is, I will replace the seal. If I end up replacing the seal, I will make sure and make a write up on it with plenty of pictures, since it seems that no one has done that before.

That's cool, I was hoping that the previous owner was on this forum. I was hoping to maybe find posts by him describing the modifications that he did to it. I'm new to Jeeps so I'm not sure what lift is on it, looks like a 4" lift, but I'm not sure. I just bought the jeep last Saturday so I haven't had a chance to take a thorough look at the components of the lift.

JF

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Weird, looks like my last post was deleted and the member that I responded to doesn't seem to be a member here anymore, spambot?

JF

·
Super Moderator
15,105 Posts
Weird, looks like my last post was deleted and the member that I responded to doesn't seem to be a member here anymore, spambot?

JF
Yep, the spammer is gone.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, the spammer is gone.
Thanks for the response, I was kind of worried that maybe my post was deleted because it was reported by someone... I feel better now. This forum is pretty informative, the last thing that I want to do is get banned. :beerchug:

JF

1 - 8 of 8 Posts