Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay guys and ladies, i need your opinion i went to the chicago auto show and saw that the 65th year anv. series has the skylights, 4 low gear, trail rated and a couple other small stuff. I talked to the dealer there, told him what i bought ect, ect. He told me I could most likely trade mine in for one of those for most likely a lower monthly payment and lower interest rate.

What would you do? I have a 3.7 v6 base 4x4 only option it came with was aftermarket woodgrain. And i got oil changes free for life of vehicle.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Pac, you cant go wrong with the free oil change for life deal. I would discuss it with the dealer you purchased your commander from. See what they can do for you. Most dealer just want a sell so no doubt they would be willing to do something similiar to what you already have. For a minute I thought you were about to trade your commander for something else. maximo

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
maximo said:
Pac, you cant go wrong with the free oil change for life deal. I would discuss it with the dealer you purchased your commander from. See what they can do for you. Most dealer just want a sell so no doubt they would be willing to do something similiar to what you already have. For a minute I thought you were about to trade your commander for something else. maximo
ha, no i wouldnt trade for something other than itself;) . I just cant believe how awesome these things are on hills. the chicago auto show absolutely rocked!!! literally:D

·
Registered
274 Posts
OK, I'm thinkin about selling my 03 Liberty and getting a JC. Deep in my wrench turnin, big motor lovin heart, I really want the Hemi......but let's be real, I'm not plannin on towing anything, and my wife already has a 4.7 JC. It has plenty of get up & go, from a start or gettin on the freeway. If I wanted a race truck, I would get the JC Hip Hop version and race everyone. But, "I'm in for the Wheelin" , and the Hemi doesn't do anything the 4.7 won't do on the trail (except for the electronic front & rear LSD's) Of course, my type of wheelin isn't what you see on commercials where the JC is haulin butt down a trail, I like slow crawlin stuff. It would be nice if I could order the 4.7 with the elect front & rear LSD's, but I don't think I can. (haven't checked). I can always get after market lockers. Since I own a Liberty with the 3.7, I know I wouldn't want the JC with the 3.7 (not enough power for me) I would say trade it get the special edition with the goodies.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Mango
You can get the front and rear elec Ltd slip diffs with the 4.7. It is included in the Quadra-Drive system. Costs $650 sticker. Add the Hemi to that package for a total of $1495 sticker. To me the Hemi is worth the $845 extra just to have it on the tailgate and to have the top engine offered. HaHa.

Do not misunderstand, I have the 4.7 in a GC and think it is excellent and it has always been adequate for anything I wanted to do. I have not had my Hemi long enough to say it is any better. I think the gas mileage will be about the same

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
samax8 said:
Mango
You can get the front and rear elec Ltd slip diffs with the 4.7. It is included in the Quadra-Drive system. Costs $650 sticker. Add the Hemi to that package for a total of $1495 sticker. To me the Hemi is worth the $845 extra just to have it on the tailgate and to have the top engine offered. HaHa.

Do not misunderstand, I have the 4.7 in a GC and think it is excellent and it has always been adequate for anything I wanted to do. I have not had my Hemi long enough to say it is any better. I think the gas mileage will be about the same
so youre saying i can get the 65th anv. and tell them to add 4.7 motor, locking diffs, and be happy? i want to stay around 32,33k hopefully.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jangy said:
Please get a Hemi and QDII this time.
I wish I could but that would put me at around 38k or so. I know thats out of my budget.:confused: MAn GUYS plaese do your homework before you pick one, other wise you;ll end up like me trying to get out of it and hurting you possibly

·
Registered
137 Posts
PAC. I hope you are not planning on paying window sticker price. Go to Jeep.com and check for incentives and go to edmunds.com and get inventory price for the Commander you want and with the options that you want. Then negotiate with the dealer with that info. And remember that invoice is not what the dealer has in the vehicle.

When I bought my Commander, I asked for the fleet price. The dealer said that was invoice less 1%. It may be different with different dealerships. What he stated as invoice was a couple hundred more than edmunds but it was good enough for me. I bought for his fleet price less incentives. Commanders are not flying off the showroom floors. Good luck.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just called the dealer, not from where I bought the first one. And he said he might be able to take a year of my new loan 5 yr=s instead of 6 and hopefully for a 4.7 quadra trak 2 with the 28u package. its window sticker is 36. leather, suroof, skyviews, boston acoustics sound. I have right now a 4x4 base commander. 3.7 v6. So iM hoping I walk outa there with a better commander and lower or same payments. he said hes gonna try to get me 0 financing right now I have 13%:eek: yeah I got screwed. my credit score was low 600 and wife 620 I still think they coulda done better. Bought we really wanted one. So hopefully now I learned somethings.

·
Registered
157 Posts
pac said:
I wish I could but that would put me at around 38k or so. I know thats out of my budget.:confused: MAn GUYS plaese do your homework before you pick one, other wise you;ll end up like me trying to get out of it and hurting you possibly
are you that unhappy with your v6 purchase and why? is it the engine choice or the added stuff in the 65th anniversary addition?

·
Registered
31 Posts
With 13% financing you would be insane not to get out of that vehicle and get another one with lower payments. Even if you get 5% that will bring down both monthly payments and you can pay it off sooner. Run the numbers for your financing. Get the most ecnomical vehicle you can with the best options. 13% is crazy...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
donutz said:
are you that unhappy with your v6 purchase and why? is it the engine choice or the added stuff in the 65th anniversary addition?
i think the motor is too small and for wht im paying a month i should be driving something alllitle nicer thats all.

·
Registered
44 Posts
will they actually let you return the vehicle after you've signup to pay 13 percent?

if they do, go for it. you'll get a lot more JC bang for the buck at a zero interest rate.

just be careful about the return process--don't let the dealer take you to the cleaners.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I agree that the 3.7 is underpowered for the JC. It really labors at passing speeds.

Go for the 4.7 if you can't afford the Hemi.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks guys, i will know tommorow the numbers. im looking at a kahki 4.7 jc witht he 28u package its window is 36k 4100 in options. hes thinking same amount a month same or lower years. if it works out. we will see.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Let me know how that goes for you as far as the trading in on the vehicle. I do not think that the 3.7 is underpowered in all honesty, yeah it could have a little more power, but you are only gaining 25 horses by going to the 4.7. As far as all the other bells and whistles, I can put all that in aftermarket for less than what they are wanting it for out the door.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The 3.7 is very noisy too compared to the 4.7 -- the vehicle is just a tad too big for the 3.7 power plant. it labors at passing speeds.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts