Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally pulled the trigger on a new lift for the Commander. I went with the Rough Country lift; so far, so great! Now, on to the next search...a tire upgrade. My factory Goodyear Forteras are just about worn out. I am considering 265/70/17 series Goodyear DuraTrac or BFG All Terrains. Everything I have read here on the forum and out in cyberspace say that they are both great tires. Both have pros and cons from a aesthetic point of view, and right now I am leaning towards the DuraTracs. The concern I have with those is a frequent complaint about their sidewall strength and that it leads to a somewhat sloppy ride, especially at the recommended tire pressure. There really isn't any negative performance feedback I can find on the BFG AT. Any feedback would be great.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Installed them on my wife's Expedition. No sloppy sidewall here. I picked up the 265/70-17/C.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback. Expeditions are pretty heavy vehicles, so I would imagine if it good on it it will be fine on the Commander.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Take reviews with a heavy grain of salt. There are a lot of things that you can't see when reading a review. Truck tires are particularly difficult to judge from reviews because suspension upgrades and the difference in Max pressure from size to size.

For your commander, if you step up to any LT size, like stormtroop has you'll be happy with the results.

Let us know if we can help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts