Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 commander and everytime i start it up, the fuses for the power outlets blow. When starting I have nothing connected to them. Must be a short somewhere obviously , but I was wondering if any one else had this same problem? Thanks for the help :icon_cheers:

·
Super Moderator
15,108 Posts
I believe you are the first here with that problem. Maybe our resident mechanic Robby can give you some things to check. How about it, Robby ?

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Sounds like a internally shorted recepticle, but......
They each have their own fuse.
Drivers side only has power with key on, passenger side has power at all times, so.....whats really happening?
I can't comprehend two circuits failing simultaneously.

Rob

PS, Do you have anything plugged into the rear 12v socket?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the other day i went to charge my cell phone and nothing happened so i tried the next outlet..nothing ,so i thought i would try the rear one just for the heck of it and again nothing. So I thought it would have to be a fuse, got under there and pulled the fuses and two of the three were blown I belive it is the two for the front ones. So I went ahead and replaced them with the same kind of fuse,made sure not to have anything plugged in and started the Jeep up again, tried to charge my phone and nothing happened again! Checked the fuses and they were both blown.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Replace the fuses and plug anything in EXCEPT THE CHARGER.
I suspect the charger is the culprit but you won't know till you try something else or......plug the charger in a different vehicle and see what happens.

Rob
I concur...:stickpoke:LOL!!!, a shorted charger will mess with your electrics quite badly.:killtard:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Replace the fuses and plug anything in EXCEPT THE CHARGER.
I suspect the charger is the culprit but you won't know till you try something else or......plug the charger in a different vehicle and see what happens.

Rob
That was going to be my suggestion as well. Been there....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts