Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a bunch of power programs on the web. Which is he best to get more power and more MPG out of my 08 XK with the 5.7 Hemi?

Thanks,

Pete

·
Registered
417 Posts
I've had a lot of experience with the Diablo Predator on several HEMIs and they have shown to be the best to get performance and adjustability. You may see 1 - 1.5 mpg improvement, so keep in mind that if mpg is the only reason you're looking for a programmer, you need to do the math on the up front cost versus the fuel savings (if any).

Not surprisingly, your foot will get a bit heavier after you see the extra power you have on tap. There goes your fuel savings.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I like the SuperChips unit myself.

·
Banned
389 Posts
I've had a lot of experience with the Diablo Predator on several HEMIs and they have shown to be the best to get performance and adjustability. You may see 1 - 1.5 mpg improvement, so keep in mind that if mpg is the only reason you're looking for a programmer, you need to do the math on the up front cost versus the fuel savings (if any).

Not surprisingly, your foot will get a bit heavier after you see the extra power you have on tap. There goes your fuel savings.
I love my SuperChips tune, nice power adder, most bang for your buck easily. I agree with Bobula though if your doing this mod looking for better gas mileage you won't save enough gas during the life of your vehicle to pay for it and your likely to love the added power so much that your tempted to stomp your right foot down even more often meaning bye bye any mpg gains!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts