1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
The pump seal kit is for rebuilding or disassembling the pump, no you should NOT need it.

Do you have any evidence of foreign matter in the system? Still, I'd wait and put them in together, its possible the old pump is damaged and would circulate foreign matter into the new rack and damage it, might as well wait till the new pump comes in and have a fresh pump and rack. Make sure you flush the lines and cooler as well, so you get out any foreign debri that might be in there from the failure.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The pump seal kit is for rebuilding or disassembling the pump, no you should NOT need it.

Do you have any evidence of foreign matter in the system? Still, I'd wait and put them in together, its possible the old pump is damaged and would circulate foreign matter into the new rack and damage it, might as well wait till the new pump comes in and have a fresh pump and rack. Make sure you flush the lines and cooler as well, so you get out any foreign debri that might be in there from the failure.
Thanks Mongo!! :)
I'll hold off till next week to do it then just to be safe.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
6 of one, a half dozen of another. I haven't heard of stock ride height Commanders wearing out tie rod ends any sooner than most vehicles. The OEM tie rods are going to be better quality than most aftermarket tie rods, so you may be throwing away better than tie rods than you're replacing them with. But at the same time, MOOG have a reputation for quality suspension parts, and replacing them now instead of later does have the advantage of having to have another alignment down later if you have to replace them.

So, up to you, if you've got the extra cash. But, you really don't need to do it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts