Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife and I decided to try out the new lift and tires today. We rode through a good portion of Prentice Cooper but decided to take Hailey Road on the way out. Here are a couple of photos from Hailey Road.

I must say, I am quite impressed. I would have never imagined the Commander could make this road. The photos don't show the grade at all. The wife and I are thrilled with the results.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Looks like a good time! Keep in the mind the camera takes off 10-15 percent of the grade.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Looks fun, thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Looks like it belongs off road. I mapped Price Cooper- it's about 433 miles from here. Wondering how that area is set up for camping, motels, etc.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Thanks for posting the website link- I'm going to try to get down their by Fall if not sooner. Possibly we can convoy it and you can lead us through a trail or two.

I may go ahead and install the spacers- I used a dremel cutting wheel to slice of the
"pointy" tips of the strut bolts- that was enough to get the lift mounted up without messing up the threads.

·
Registered
59 Posts
How far is that from Chattanooga??

I don't have my commander lifted, its pretty much stock. Would it be able to drive around there? Any good trails in the area for a stock commander?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Those are some nice looking trails... and thanks for the picutres. We all love pictures.

·
Registered
68 Posts
ogri nice pics you need to get to the land between the lakes turkey bay ky thats wat these trails remind me of the lift looks good doesnt it effect the tolerence of tipping over tho

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How far is that from Chattanooga??

I don't have my commander lifted, its pretty much stock. Would it be able to drive around there? Any good trails in the area for a stock commander?
I live in Ringgold, GA. It takes us 30 minutes to get to Prentice Cooper from the house. It's roughly 20 miles.

There are many trails that your stock Commander can make it through. There are also some that are too extreme for anything but Phunky's Commander.

Let me know if you want to go up there. I would be a little more adventurous if I knew there was someone there that would pull me out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts