Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
OUCH! :eek: That sounds a little on the high side. Though I have paid more per tire before. Are the ratings really good? Thats not one that I have checked out...

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Discount tire @ $161.

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Yeah $188 is steep! If you got to the Goodyear website you can get pricing from there and then find the tire dealer you want to use.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Thats only a good price when you are stuck in Alaska and buying tires. I paid $189/tire for my BFGs. I went to tire rack and they were cheaper till we added shipping then the price was over $100 more than the 4BFGs mounted and balanced.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
:( jerkie...

jk ;)

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Treadepot.com has them for $156 with free shipping. That's where I bought mine from.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Fohn_Jargo said:
CrzCajun, how's the ride?

I would expect a little bit of noise but they say they are quiet.
Ride is real good and quiet. I can't even tell the difference from when I had the stock ones on as far as noise level. I'm very happy with these tires both on and offroad.

·
Registered
807 Posts
i just got some of these on yesterday. i paid 151 per tired plus install....but got a 40 rebate....
They seem to be good tires.

·
Registered
45 Posts
In Toronto, I'm selling them for 164.00 canadian.
They are noisy compared to the Fortera but far stronger with the Kevlar.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Fohn_Jargo said:
I just priced out Wrangler Silent Armor's at about $188 per tire.:eek:

Is that about right or is that Goodyear shop crazy.
Is that with installation? Some tire places add in all kinds of charges for balancing, vents, and old tire disposal. My local STS Tires charges around $30 per tire on top of the cost of the tires. This negates any savings I may get ordering over the internet. Then I found a small garage that will do the whole thing for $10 per tire. :cool:

I have the Silent Armors and am very happy with them. I think I got them from tirerack.com. :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
I bought mine locally from a Wingfoot service center...I paid $135 each for 245/70/17's. They also gave me $50 each for my 5 take offs because they only had 18000 miles on them. I thought that was a great deal!

I love the tires, they are quiet and have great traction on any type of terrain.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts