Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched threads looking for experiences with pro comp tires and haven't found much, so I'll ask here. Does anyone have first hand experience with Pro Comp A/T Sport tires? I am deciding on tires which will be 265 70 17. I love the look of mud terrains, but other than appearance, it makes no sense for mud terrains for me. I have had BFG A/T on my Ford Excursion and been happy with them, but just in the past week of research I have read about and heard how great the Toyo Open Country AT II tire is. I walked into the brand new 4wheelparts showroom yesterday that opened five miles from my house. Talked with employee who talked up the pro comp A/T Sport tire. The pro comp has a 60,000 miles warranty with it! They will replace the tire if the tire fails or wears down too far in the first 30,000 miles and then will prorate the tire if it reaches the max wear before the end of the second 30,000 miles. I'm not sure how I could go wrong with that one, so this is why I am asking for anyone's experience with the pro comp. Last note on differences between tires is the BFG and Toyo are load C which I learned is just fine, and speed rating of S (112 miles per hour max) and the Pro Comp is a load rating E (only comes in E) and speed rating Q (100 miles per hour max). Not that I would need that max speed, just pointing out differences. Anyway... thanks for insights!

Cost for each tire that I am considering is as follows:

Toyo Open Country II is $180 each.
Pro Comp Sport load $185 each after a rebate
BFG $217 each after a rebate.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I'm afraid I don't have experience with the Pro Comps, but have you had a look at Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs? They have a lot of the look of an MT but a much better wearing tread for daily driving.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts