Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a superchip programer. Installed the 91 tune and ever since I have got warning lights ESP/BAS traction control off light. And, the U0401 Implausible data received from ecm/pcm. It also shifts very hard and seems to stay in gear way to long, or shifts in and out of overdrive constantly on the highway. I see others have had this problem without the superchip and maybe its just a coincidence. The dealer told me they can't seem to find anything wrong with it at this time and need to bring it back later. They also said their may be a recall coming out on this problem at some point but no idea yet how to fix it. Anyone have any experience with this code or have anything I can tell the dealer.?? Thanks !

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Whenever you take your jeep to the dealer you should always tune your commander back to the stock settings. I found out the had way when I had the jeep at the dealer for warranty work and they decided to do an update on the ECM with new software. At the time i was tuned to 91 performance. When i left the dealer the transmission started acting funny and shifting all messed up. I went back to the stock tune and had the sane issue with the transmission. I ended up getting all new programming for the superchips and it works fine now with the 91 performance tune but still messes up if I try to go back to stock. This all happened 2 1/2 years ago

1 - 2 of 2 Posts