Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sent me a second unit... still doesn't work, tech support said that Apple said it is a known issue with the latest firmware update a month ago 1.0.3 and that was probably my problem but I haven't upgraded the firmware as far as I can tell I'm running 1.0.2.

I have a iPod Classic 160g and a REC Radio in an '06 Commander. Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks

·
Registered
717 Posts
RUT ROW said:
Sent me a second unit... still doesn't work, tech support said that Apple said it is a known issue with the latest firmware update a month ago 1.0.3 and that was probably my problem but I haven't upgraded the firmware as far as I can tell I'm running 1.0.2.

I have a iPod Classic 160g and a REC Radio in an '06 Commander. Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks
I had that problem as soon as I updated to firmware version 1.0.3....had to uninstall iTunes from my PC and then restore my iPod saying no to the 1.0.3 update.....pain in the A$$

·
Registered
154 Posts
i have heard that the bigger (storage wise) the IPOD the more trouble you have.

I have only a 4G any it works flawlessly. I have recently upgraded my software on the IPOD if that it what you guys are talking about and no probs...

Jim

·
Registered
208 Posts
My iPod Classic (160GB) works flawelessly after the update.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your replies. I went ahead and updated the firmware from 1.0.2 to the current 1.1.1 to no avail then restored the iPod reloaded music still with no result. I tried a 30g Video it works fine. I'm stumped.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
My Jensen headunit won't work with older generation Ipods either. I have a nano that won't work, but my 30gb video does. You may have to get another Ipod since they advertise that they won't work with all of them.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My iPod is the new 160gig iPod Classic. It's my understanding from the distributor, Alpine Tech Support and previous posts on this thread that this unit does work with this kit.

It looks like this is a firmware issue. Any ideas of a workaround anybody?

·
Registered
717 Posts
RUT ROW said:
My iPod is the new 160gig iPod Classic. It's my understanding from the distributor, Alpine Tech Support and previous posts on this thread that this unit does work with this kit.

It looks like this is a firmware issue. Any ideas of a workaround anybody?
Uninstall iTunes from your PC then restore your iPod using the older firmware....also there is supposed to be a new firmware release out, 1.1 (?)...don't know if they fixed our issue....I hope they did

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Uninstall iTunes from your PC then restore your iPod using the older firmware....also there is supposed to be a new firmware release out, 1.1 (?)...don't know if they fixed our issue....I hope they did
Thanks, I'll try that.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I just tried the 1.1.1 update.....still doesn't work. I'll be rolling it back as soon as I get the chance....dang

1 - 12 of 12 Posts