Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I’m Michael I’m new. But I’m having problems with my 2006 jeep commander limited 5.7 hemi. I replaced the battery and alternator and still having the problem it will start but 3-5 seconds later stall out again. If I let it sit for a while it will start up. But if **** it off and turn it back on it’s shuts right back off. This is the second alternator I’ve put in it this week. The first new one I put in was bad

·
Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
2,008 Posts
That sounds like the anti theft is kicking in - do a search community box above many post about it.

Welcome to the forum. Please read this and fill in some of your details and make a signature with your Commander details. (year, model trim, engine, 4wd system, etc.) It is nice for us know what your Commander has in it so we can better help you.

To make or modify a Signature click here - Signature - How to make or modify

NEW MEMBER REQUIRED READING!!! Important New Member information, Forum requirements & Forum rules. | Jeep Commander Forum

To get the list of everything built into your Commander when built at the factory - have your VIN number (case sensitive) and go here Chrysler Build sheet - Equipment Listing Not necessarily for your signature but so you know what you have.

You can download a free Owner's Manual here--->Owner's Manual

·
Super Moderator
2,008 Posts
Checking for a bad alternator or battery is straight forward - take it to just about any auto parts store and they usually will do it for free.

·
Registered
2007 Jeep Commander Limited 5.7 Hemi Trac II
8 Posts
Hello I’m Michael I’m new. But I’m having problems with my 2006 jeep commander limited 5.7 hemi. I replaced the battery and alternator and still having the problem it will start but 3-5 seconds later stall out again. If I let it sit for a while it will start up. But if **** it off and turn it back on it’s shuts right back off. This is the second alternator I’ve put in it this week. The first new one I put in was bad
Some jeeps have crank sensor problems at about 120K miles engine will run then stall...later it will start again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2006 jeep comm 5.7, I was having problem similar, replaced, alternator, battery, starter, still had problem, then I replaced electronic part of the ignition switch and it quit shutting on and off and started fine.

·
Super Moderator
2,008 Posts
@bailey2916.mb
Welcome to the forum. Please read this and fill in some of your details and make a signature with your Commander details. (year, model trim, engine, 4wd system, etc.) It is nice for us know what your Commander has in it so we can better help you.

To make or modify a Signature click here - Signature - How to make or modify

NEW MEMBER REQUIRED READING!!! Important New Member information, Forum requirements & Forum rules. | Jeep Commander Forum

To get the list of everything built into your Commander when built at the factory - have your VIN number (case sensitive) and go here Chrysler Build sheet - Equipment Listing Not necessarily for your signature but so you know what you have.

Also post an introduction in the "New Member" section. New Member Section

You can download a free Owner's Manual here--->Owner's Manual

1 - 7 of 7 Posts