Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have some problems with the 4" Supelift. Then I drive fast over dirt underground, one of the front tires hard knocking on a down limitation.
And the second problem was a metallic rubbing, then I steering maximum left or right.
So I decide: I have to make a look under the car. A friend made Porsches for street racing and Mercedes G für Offroad Rallys and so we take togehter a look at or better under my commander.
The biggest problem ist the upper control arm. It´s not very surprisingly, I know. But that the hard knocking came probably from the balljoint, was a big surprice for me. The second problem is onroad solvable - I only need spacers for the wheels. But then the suspension is in the maximum down position (like on a Lift in a garage) you can see, that in this position the wheel have generally not enought space in every steering direction.

So it´s for me a classical k.o. Not only the TÜV (technical Controlling Organisation - after 3 years at first and then every 2 years in germany every car have to check) will end this construction, I need for myself a safe workaround.

So I have only 2 Options:
1. the HD upper control arm from Get Lost
or
2. Downgrading to the heavy duty OME-Lift

I don´t know, how the HD upper control arm influence the problem with wheelspace (metallic rubbing).
The OME has also another Advantage: heavy duty coils.

Hmm, what Do you think?

I hope, you understand my special english. :bowdown:

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Send a PM to Phunkeydude, he had a similar issue and replaced the UCA's for his fix. There is a thread here someplace.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank You very much!

Tomorrow I will send the links to my garage. Next saturday we´ll drive offroad together and then we will discuss the next steps.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, it´s look fine. My people from the garage think, that the HD UCA is the best answer to fix the problem. We will determine the final solution set on saturday. Thanks for the input.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
My jeep makes a metalic noise when fully locked either to the left or right. Its the steering knuckle hitting the lower control arm. You can actually see where they make contact if you look under the jeep.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts