Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 commander 5.7. The other day the vents for ac and heater started only coming out the bottom/feet no matter which way I turned the controller. Also the door lock control on drivers door stopped working so I can’t lock or unlock my doors , the front window switch stopped working and mirror controls. Also I noticed that when I’m at a steady speed my car seems to accelerate a little. All of this started at the same time. Any ideas???

·
Super Moderator
15,012 Posts
I have a 2006 commander 5.7. The other day the vents for ac and heater started only coming out the bottom/feet no matter which way I turned the controller. Also the door lock control on drivers door stopped working so I can’t lock or unlock my doors , the front window switch stopped working and mirror controls. Also I noticed that when I’m at a steady speed my car seems to accelerate a little. All of this started at the same time. Any ideas???
@Siouxsiefan79, the problem with the A/C vents is most likely a broken blend door or gear. The door lock and window/mirror issue is most likely a broken wire/wires between the the door and vehicle which is quite common. The wires are in the black tube in the area where the hinges are. If you use the forum search feature you will find solutions for these problems. As for you acceleration issue I don't have any idea about that, but again try the search.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For the gasoline regulators must be off the mechanics called TPS = Throttle position sensor and for your car windows try to change the main switch actuator location at the driver side door

1 - 3 of 3 Posts