Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the only problem i have had with mine is the middle row seat center console strap that is used to fold down the center seat section broke.
it pulled out from where its connected inside. they said they had to replace the whole seat belt retractor to fix it. other than that it has been fine.

last week i posted that i thought i had a drop in mileage. after resetting the gauge and driving a little ways it is back to normal. must've been my wifes driving along with running the A/C on max. its back at 14.5-15.0 mpg.

my wifes friend just bought one the other day so i'll post any issues with that one.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i can only get that much with a little highway driving in there. i'm a gas miser so i'm really easy on the pedal. my wife is the opposite and she drives it more than me so that might be why you are getting more mpg.

i get 14 mpg in my '96 chevy x-cab 4x4 5.7 with 137,000 miles.

i think its alot to ask of a v6 to pull around 5000lbs so i can't complain about the mileage in the jeep.

somebody on here mentioned turning off the traction control for better mileage. is that the little button on the dash with the slippery when wet symbol?
the dealer told me that would lock the differentials for when you are stuck

we do not have the limited. ours is the mid-level (26u maybe?).
its a v6 with sunroof and RWL tires ($190 extra). its basically loaded except for the navigation system and the chrome trim. it has auto headlights.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts