Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
I have a 06 XK 65th basic sound system (no bose). I installed my aftermarket radio, wanted the ipod hook up through the front! Anyways it works great. So then I went to install my HID's. All I did was disconnect neg bat terminal. As soon as I hooked back up the stereo stays on when I shut off car and open door. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to find anything when I search this problem. But anyone out there help? I thought maybe it was in the settings i.e. honk horn when unlock etc. but it's not. It's wierd it worked perfect before I disconnected battery.

Thank you!
This site is great!:):bowdown:

·
Registered
809 Posts
Some more info on the stereo and HID installs might help sort out the kinks. Ie, what brand/model, adapters/harnesses, relays, power sources, etc. How long did the stereo stay on (or is it still running in the garage)? What about the HID's? Reset button?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok?

Thanks for replying, I just didn't know if there was a way to do programming for vehicle functions, other than the information system options. I'll keep searching. Sometimes when I get into my vehicle it does say programming ready so maybe that has something to do with it, but I'm not sure.

Thanks again

Maybe Meatball will take a look at this and throw some advice my way!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For those of you whoever run into this problem. I figured it out. I called Metra for the wire harness on my aftermarket stereo. They told me to unplug the aftermarket, plug stock stereo back in. Then just double check the settings that the stock stereo shuts off and there you have it plug the aftermarket back in and it shuts off when I open the door with the key pulled from the ignition!!! Thanks everyone for help and comments!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts