Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. First off, i own a 2007 LIMITED with the NAV system in it. I have the owners manual ( thank you for for posting) but i am un able to locate the info on what i need to input on the TRIP ITINERARY. I am going to see my Mom in Colorado Springs, and I live in Salt Lake City. I will be traveling HWY 40 across the top of UT thru VERNAL, UT thru to Steamboat Sprgs, CO> then i will be going to Kremmling, CO onto HWY 9 south to I-70 to Silverthorne, CO, then EAST to HWY (Loop?) 470. South to I-25. I have no problem with HWY 40 and I-70 as i have driven them numerous times, and even Hwy 40 over Berthoud Pass down onto I-70. But when i attempt to put in the itinerary to go from Kremmling to Silverthorne, it asks for street address', which i don't require. I would like for the NAV system to basically "tell me" when i get close to Hwy 9 in case i have a "brain fa*t", so can make the turn south. If some one can assist me in what pages i need to follow in the NAV BOOK, or how to do it here i will appreciate it most kind. Now, i just get to convince my my mom to make me s'getti and meatballs for when the wife and I get there... MMMMM !

Thank you.

John

·
Registered
471 Posts
I've just had my 06 for 2 days, but can't you google a rest stop or address near your Hwy 9 ahead of time and use that. Then save your trip or those destinations. ... I guess we can't drop a 'pin' or marker on the map and say go here then eh? I'm trying to get into using the onboard system but the iPhone maps is just so much better and easier on the fly. I end up using the 'expensive' Nav unit Mainly as a compass. Hoping upgrading and unlocking will come down in price soon though.

·
Registered
58 Posts
First things first... tell your momma to set an extra plate for me. Mmmm home cookin.

Since the Commander is my wife's ride, I don't use the nav system that often except to get in and set/reset service reminders. When I'm in it on the road, it's usually when we're on a road trip. I've had the same need as you have so here is my workaround:

Use the joystick to aim the cursor right where that specific intersection or general area is, click Enter and then select Navigate (I'm going from memory here so I may be off a click or 2). This will allow you to then navigate to that general area and it will alert you to that destination as a "reminder".

Now there are 2 things you can do: I think you can use the above method to see what's there or nearby and add that to an itinerary. If you can't add "a spot on the map" as a trip waypoint, just use the method above to see what's in the area, view the address, copy it down and then add it to the itinerary using your method. Just takes extra effort.

Hope my workaround isn't confusing. I forgot to set my "reminder" coming back from Florida and shot past a MAJOR turn-off by like 30 minutes. BOY did I have to hear about that one from the wife! :6:

Hi All... Now, i just get to convince my my mom to make me s'getti and meatballs for when the wife and I get there... MMMMM !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts