Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new to the site and just bought a 2007 Jeep Commander Limited yesterday.

I am looking to purchase a programmer but I don't know which one to buy. I am very new to the commander. I need a programmer that is very simple to use. The main thing that I am looking for is being able to keep about the same amount of power but use 87 octane and hopefully increase my mpg.

Any input would be great. I have read through the other posts and see that the superchips and diablo sport seem pretty similar.

Is the hypertech an option?

·
Registered
422 Posts
I would go bck to the other posts and ask that question especially the write up from A49fan as he updates his readings every so often

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I recommend the SuperChips FlashPaq.

Click Here

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So it looks to be pretty easy to use. All I want out of it is to be able to use 87 octane and get decent fuel mileage. Remember I have a 5.7 but I seem to get right around 14 mpg. Do you think it would help it out. I also plan on buying a CAI and a gibson exhaust.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
So it looks to be pretty easy to use. All I want out of it is to be able to use 87 octane and get decent fuel mileage. Remember I have a 5.7 but I seem to get right around 14 mpg. Do you think it would help it out. I also plan on buying a CAI and a gibson exhaust.
If you are getting 14 mpg you are already getting more than me. No, I don't think a programmer is going to get you better mpg.

·
Registered
480 Posts
My diablo added 2-3 mpg and a bunch of performance.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is the diablo easy to use? I need something simple.

·
Registered
480 Posts
You need to download an update from the web so the download kit, it has a usb cable and a power cable. download the latest release and then plug the programmer into your obd port and follow the instructions- "turn key to on position", "turn key to off position", etc. Takes about 10-15 to install a tune. The good thing about the diablo is they are always updating the programming and you can download new tunes, the diablo is also customizable if you start installing cold air intakes, exhaust, etc. You just take it your nearest diablo dealer that can program mopar and they will create a program for you, install it into your programmer and then you just reinstall a tune to take advantage of the new program.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With these do you write the file to the vehicle and then just unplug them? They don't have to be plugged in all the time do they?

How do you find out where the nearest diablo dealers are? Do they list them on their website?

Thanks for all the information everyone. I really need to get a programmer from the sounds of it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts