Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seen a pic online of a wrangler bed for kids, my dad and I tossed around the idea and finally gave it a go. It will be a twin size and will be my sons first big boy bed. We are using real headlights, taillights and mirrors from a wrangler. We are also putting in a steering wheel and wheels/tires. Here is so pics of the progress so far. In the end the truck will be painted white and Im still debating on putting a LCD and DVD indash so he can watch tv in bed. Let me know what you think. BTW yes I know the grill only has 5 holes lol 7 just didnt look right when we tryed it.

·
Premium Member
12,579 Posts
Great project, but skip the TV in bed idea. :0

·
Registered
809 Posts
Very nice. What are you going to use for wheels and tires? Headlights and taillights are going to be functional, right? Would be super easy to wire up a 120v/12v laptop power converter and a dash switch for the running lights!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is an update. Still need the headlights, steering wheel and mirrors. We haven't decided on lexan for windshield or just an open hole. The paint is ppg ford performance white with ppg light blue pearl. Black is ppg high gloss with ultra clear. Rims spin inside tires.

·
Premium Member
12,579 Posts
Fantastic Job!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Can you make one of those in a King sized bed? lol. Looks great!

·
Super Moderator
14,912 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts