Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I finally got around to this mod. I can't take credit for this, all I did was buy the parts and a local guy here did the mod.

All in all cost me the cheaper than hidprojectors which was quoted $700+ with shipping

Pair of headlights including shipping $220
Q5 projectors $100
Xenon bulbs and ballasts $100
Labor $120
Wiring $15

I'm gonna miss my clear corners I had on my OEM but they'd faded away with the extreme heat here in the gulf. Even with a good Polish the colours didn't match up so stuck with the amber. I actually like them more now, they go better with the silver colored car.

Got the chrome grill and the chrome bumper molding is on its way. I also have the spyder led fog lights which suck by the way. They're for show, pretty bright but you can't see squat with them on alone.

All parts acquired locally. Enough talk here's the pictures

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks very cool.
Thanks loving it as well. Gotta few more appearance mods and done to my taste. Need to work on performance, got the K&N Intake but the superchips tuning isn't for us folks in the middle east according to them.
I'm reaching to see max energy programmer from hypertech. read some good reviews and not restricted to US based VIN numbers.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
retrofit looks great.

Why did you pick Q5 projectors? Just curious. The morimotos are a very common choice.
Cutoff looks good.
Which bulbs and ballast are you running?

Price doesn't look bad all

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
retrofit looks great.

Why did you pick Q5 projectors? Just curious. The morimotos are a very common choice.
Cutoff looks good.
Which bulbs and ballast are you running?

Price doesn't look bad all
Honestly I was going for those but the guy recommended them (probably because he supplies them as well) lol.

Cut off is amazing I'll take better shots soon. The bulbs are Philips d2s, the ballasts are denso if not mistaken Heat up in no time

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Honestly I was going for those but the guy recommended them (probably because he supplies them as well) lol.

Cut off is amazing I'll take better shots soon. The bulbs are Philips d2s, the ballasts are denso if not mistaken Heat up in no time

Philips bulbs and denso ballasts, very nice! :grin2:

All too often it seems like people cheap out on those components and then wonder why their HID's suck or fail.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got the chance to take more pics of the cutoff of these projectors. Don't mind the brightness on some of the photos I had to play around with it a bit to bring down the contrast

1 - 7 of 7 Posts