Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently looking into having a duel exhaust put on my 5.7. I just found out a guy here in town will custom make them for my commander. I went to his business but he was taking a few days off, they said he will be back Tuesday. What are the pros and cons of having this done and what should I look for?

·
Registered
264 Posts
As discussed in the earlier dual thread:
http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1227&page=2&highlight=dual+exhaust
The duals MOPAR sells are not "true" duals. If you just want two pipes, cool. Course, the price is $600+ and don't forget the install. There are always "pro" reasons for duals and the "con" is where to put the "second" set of hardware. I can't see it being done practically. I can see a hanging set of hardware to accomplish that though. For me, I would not care for the extra hardware. Con: you lose clearance. I am going to lift mine at least 2" to give me 10" clearance.

·
Registered
264 Posts
According to all manufactures and DYNO tests, it does add performance gains but it appears he wants true duals and that will displace hardware lower than any other exhaust system or type. True duals indeed start at the headers and do not share a common muffler or any other hardware.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I talked to my local muffler guy and he talked me out of the duels. He ordered me a Magnaflow that he is going to put on. He will have both 14 and 18 inch. any suggestions on th one to use?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts