Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I'm new to the Jeep community and I am looking at getting a 2006 Commander Limited with the 5.7 Hemi and Quadra-Drive II. It has 124k miles on it and 2 previous owners. Visually it looks very clean inside and out. Is there anything that I should look for when I go to check this out?

·
Registered
2007 Commander Limited Hemi 2wd
9 Posts
Hello all,
I'm new to the Jeep community and I am looking at getting a 2006 Commander Limited with the 5.7 Hemi and Quadra-Drive II. It has 124k miles on it and 2 previous owners. Visually it looks very clean inside and out. Is there anything that I should look for when I go to check this out?
I’d start with the blue book value - are they asking too much/little if so why?

Also, drive it and pay attention to any shaking/vibrating NOISES. These vehicles have a tendency to develop an exhaust manifold leak. Not a very serious issue but an annoying and quite a PITA to fix.

and it looks like you found a good spec Commander. I’d pull the trigger if the numbers are right.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright, thanks for the info. I've heard the hemi manifolds tend to leak, so I am aware of that. I plan to put headers on it. The price they're asking for is within the KBB value range, so as long as the test drive goes well and there isn't any rot, I'll probably be getting it. I look forward to being a part of this community and forum. There seems to be a lot of helpful information on here.

·
Registered
45 Posts
These vehicles are well built and durable and very good off-road. They do require regular maintenance and in particular fluid changes so I would ask for service records.

The initial 2006 model year seems to be more prong to issues but I wouldn’t let that stop me, in particular for one with the hemi and QDIi and such low miles.

The biggest issue for me is that the hemi is a tight fit in the engine compartment and so fixing anything and even maintenance can be a PITA.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts