Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some pics for the Commander with a protecting Mud coat which usually done to protect the front of the car from the sand crossing the highways in windy days and on desert roads!

I did it in my last trip from another city as the highway was crossing sandy desert and sand dunes! Fortunately the wind was blowing in the car direction.

It looks nice with it !

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
Your going to give Huey another idea!

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Diffidently is different, why not spray the whole truck? They even mud coated your license plate. I assuming it is the same as undercoating.

·
Registered
735 Posts
why dont you pay a bunch of people to make a mud hole and drive through it. that would make this alot better.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I think im confused. Is that something you had put on to protect the paint or is it mud from offroading. I cant watch the video adamag25 posted due to the computer im on so im clueless as to what that is. How do you get it off?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your going to give Huey another idea!
Yea, when I did it I remembered his bumpers painted in black.

That is fascinating. What is the Mud Coat made of and how is it applied?
Simply it made of mud :) ,,, and they apply it using paint spray with high pressure air jet. exactly like painting cars !

This is the typical application method.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpSHCGLLbhU
Haha ,, good idea :)

Diffidently is different, why not spray the whole truck? They even mud coated your license plate. I assuming it is the same as undercoating.
Some guys do this for showing off and they put some different colors too.

For me I just did it to protect the front section facing the wind during the trip and got it washed out today.

why dont you pay a bunch of people to make a mud hole and drive through it. that would make this alot better.
Mud coat hole ;) and make sure you pass it!

I think im confused. Is that something you had put on to protect the paint or is it mud from offroading. I cant watch the video adamag25 posted due to the computer im on so im clueless as to what that is. How do you get it off?
I put it to make a layer of mud on top of the paint to protect it from the sand at high speed as it will damage the paint.

Here is a pic to see how the sand looks like when it crosses the road on windy days! that sand severely affect the paint when it hit the truck with high speed.

Looks good Ahmed! Really good!!
they should put this color in the new Commander ;)

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Oddly enough all the humvees over there are that color too!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow, I thought that was permanent. When applied, it does not damage the clear coat?
Yea its temporary and put only to protect the paint while driving on the highway in windy days,,,, its simply mud! it can not be permanent, little of water would wipe it off.

I hope its not damaging the clear coat!, the good thing is that there is no any chemicals in it, it only light mud and applied softly on the paint.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts