Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep an old fitted sheet in the back in case I have to but a box or something in the back and I don’t want the backs of the third row to get dirty. I have been thinking about buying one of those trays that protect back there but there have been times when I have used the 3rd row unexpectedly. I would like a tray that could roll up maybe so that I could just roll it and tuck it between the back door and the 3rd seat. I was wondering if any of you guys had ideas or what do you use?

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
The Mopar cargo liner works well for that. It might not provide quite as good a coverage as some of the other liners but it is a bit more versatile...

It allows you to quickly change from covering the cargo area with the seating up, or the 3rd row down, or both the 2nd and 3rd row down.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Canvasback of Idaho cover works perfect. It sticks over the carpeting with velcro and basically stays on permanent. You can fold the seats up and down with no problem. john

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts
I just use a vinyl tarp. Works for me.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
rubicontrail.net said:
That's kind of cool with the storage pockets. Although the hibiscus flower option is a little fruity.
I agree, I would order it without the flower.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Figz said:
Hey can you guys please provide links, if you have them, so I can compare pricing?
This is the Mopar one I have: http://www.justforjeeps.com/cargoarealiner3.html

It doesn't have a lip or anything to catch spills. It is made of semi-rigid, folding, plastic. You might want to put a few pieces of velcro hooks on the bottom side to keep it from shifting in the back.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks

John said:
Just go to GOOGLE and type in Canvasback of Idaho. john

I really like the canvas back, kind of expensive but I think thats what Im looking for. It will help with the dog when I fold the 2nd row down. Thanks

·
Registered
127 Posts
I just purchased the slush mats and a cargo cover from thr dealer yesterday. The cargo cover works fine.it's not molded to the exact size of the Commanders cargo space but it does the job. I asked about the folding Mopar cover and was told that they have had many returned, not sure why. I ordered the Denning cargo cover online,without the flowers, which will be underneath the Mopar cargo liner.
I use the back all the time and want to keep the carpeting clean. Peter M

·
Registered
577 Posts
I have the Mopar cargo liner, and am not real pleased with it. Kind of crappy and does not fit the cargo area fully. A cut up piece of indoor/outdoor carpet would do better, in my opinion, and save $80.
-Hemi

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
The problem i have is the 3 folding seats. You have to take them down or put them up all at once. That 3rd row seat is useless.....I will probably take it out. ...that will creat a little room and a hole...for my cover to fill. The Canvas of Idaho didnt show a picture so do know how it would fit....Whay do they carpet this stuff anyway? I would rather it be steel like my old...old...old...Ford wagon.....Cabela's has a good selection of stuff for the Commander. Use the special order number 800 753 3218 as much of the Commander stuff is not available thru normal catalogue. ---Oh yeah....GO BUCKS!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts