Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Believe this or not but I just pulled a truck from the mud tonight. I made a trip to my family farm a few hours away and my brother called me to see if i could pick him up from the field after he dropped off his truck, and take him back to his house....

BUT when i got there, he was stuck and couldnt get up the hill...he needed to go about 20 feet to get to some better ground since they had just got 2 inches of rain yesterday....
He said that we may need to get a tractor, but said i could try to help him along to get him up on some better traction...so i used a tow rope and put the Sport QT1 Commander to the floor and it started digging those GOODYEAR SILENT ARMORS, and WE MADE IT!!!

Now, granted, he was not loaded with grain and wasn't suck to the frame, but he wasnt going to get up the hill on his own.
I would love to have it on video but we only had a phone camera.....

·
Registered
324 Posts
Jeep to the rescue!

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
That's cool. Definitely would have loved to see a video of it, but you did get pics, so it did happen!!!

·
Administrator
15,241 Posts
WooHooo! Way to go !

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
nice job. good idea on taking a pic.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Even with the picture, I'm having a hard time believing it. lol. When those things get stuck, they get stuck. Congrats on the good pull.
I knew this should hav been on video.it wasn't burried. just needed a big nudge. hehe.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Nice job!!!

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Great ,, When I read the title I for sure assumed it is 5.7L with QD-II !!!! ,,, but you did it with QT-I !!!! that is an achivment !

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you did that with the V6?
Yes, 3.7 V6. If he would have been buried in real deep with a load on it would needed a tractor, but as it was we tried it with the XK and it worked. I thought the jeep would have run out of power but it seem to have a good balance with the right amount of wheel slip (to keep the RPMs up) and yet enough traction to bit in and pull. Once i got moving, i was able to keep a little momentum going.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fear the V6 QT1!

(I got one too) *blush*

Makin' us proud, man.
I think the tires made a huge difference. This was their first real test in decent mud. I know the stock tires would not have even gotten me into where i could position myself. Those tires are not a mud tire, but have a high rating for mud. and my brother who was in the truck said, "well, its obvious those tires clean them selves out....he was able to get that truck washed today.....it only took him 20 minutes......hehe......lol.....oh well....not my problem.....he shouldnt have been playing in the mud with a straight truck. hehe.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Way to go! Getting the QT1 some recognition. Looks like fun, I can only imagine the smile on your face when you were doing that! :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts