Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all new here, just purchased a 06 Commander 4.7 limited with 108,000 miles on her. Drove it home 2 hours later I go too get food and transmission goes to 3rd gear and I get a engine light. So I shut the vehicle off and restart still same issue I go get my scanner and it’s pulling 5 codes 0700,0846,0882,0988 and 0781. Now I know what the codes are but does anyone think it could be just a bad TCM or possibly a short in the harness? Really trying fix myself before I go to the local shop. BTW no help from the place that sold it to me so any and all help is much appreciated!

·
Administrator
15,619 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What I would love to know is where is the TCM? I have read that’s it integral with PCM but have also read that’s it’s a stand alone. Have not been able to find anything out at all. I also getting trans over temp service 4wd system with the key in the on position not running I go to start and nothing just clicks. I checked the yellow wire all good there all the grounds are tight.

·
Administrator
15,619 Posts
@Mr.Dave007 I'm not certain where the TCM is located right off hand. But it might be one of the modules under the 2nd row seats. Check there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another question is there any particular place these harnesses tend to break or get chafed? Worked on it all day yesterday could not find and breaks anywhere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts