Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow commander owners. I have an 06 Commander with the 5.7 Hemi engine and 103k miles. I am certain I have fallen behind on my dealer suggested maintenance, but I am aware it is time to get some of it caught up. My first concern is my idle is "pulsing". The regular idle is approximately 700 rpm and it pulses down to about 500 rpm. I have actually had it die on me upon initial movement after shifting out of park. The pulsing is not 100% of the time, and seems to be more prevalent when the engine is cold. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
6 Posts
Pulsing idle

Try spark plugs. I live in Alaska. Happened to me and for less than $20 it's worth a shot. Fixed my surging idle and man they looked rough.

·
Registered
210 Posts
20$ for 16 spark plugs!!!:zlurking:fill me in.

But really, if you haven't done it plugs are a great idea. I would also clean the throttle body, there notorious for oil sludge build up behind the butterfly valve. also put a can of sea foam through the gas tank, you can get it where you get your spark plugs.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I had erratic rpms at idle. Replaced my throttle position sensor and its been working great for over a year now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts