Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My air intake box is missing one of its two closure clips. My dealer wants me to buy the whole box for $75 to get a replacement clip!!

Any ideas? :icon_confused:

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Is the plastic part that the clip connects to broken or is it just the clip that is gone? If you just need the clip you could try another dealer. Or check the junk yards.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Its one of the two metal clams that hold the front of the factory air box closed. I also lost one and can't replace it from the dealer. You'll be fine without it, the box seals tightly enough to not worry about it.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I say its a great excuse to buy a CAI :D I had the same issue, luckily I found mine under the airbox.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah its the metal clips. The box is fine, nothing is broken, just pissed me off that I can't buy a simple clip.

·
Registered
183 Posts
It's funny you posted this because I just put in my K&N drop in filter over my lunch break...and one of those plastic clamps flew off when I opened the filter box. Luckily I found it on the ground and popped it back on. I was going back and forth over just a drop filter or CAI, and after reading threads in here I just bought the drop in filter...I'll save the extra $$ for a lift and new wheels/tires.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am pretty sure the High Schoolers that changed my air filter and oil at a local joint lost it last year. I don't go there anymore for another reason...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts