Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got together with some guys from a local Jeep forum and went to play in the forest.
2 '01 Grand Cherokee, one with 4" lift, one with 2 1/2"
1 Dodge Durango with 4" lift and serious tires
1 '08 Wrangler 4 door with brand new 35" mudders and Bead locks

I was able to go almost anywhere they could and I just can't believe the QuadraTrack II sustem, had it in 4L only going downhill on the shale, the rest of the time it was amazing.
IMGP0751.jpg

IMGP0755.jpg

IMGP0747.jpg

IMGP0752.jpg

IMGP0756.jpg

Did I mention the 5 1/2 hours it took to dig out my stock Commander and the most capable rig, the JK with new tires? Nobody had a winck or comealong so it was a lot of digging and yanking.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Looks like you weren't going fast enough!

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
A lift and tires is all you need now.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
And a winch, apparently. Its funny because that situation is the same type that ignited my obsession with a lift, tires and winch. I got stuck in my stock Commander in some heavy, deep snow.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really don't want a winch only because I will have to get rid of this rig in the next 3 years. If GetLost gets his winch point going I can put that on without too much alteration to the front bumper.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Why do you have to get rid of it? Lease?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My company says that it can be no older than 4 years or over 200k Kms

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts
Great video ! Love the song !

·
Registered
319 Posts
Nice Commander! That sucks you got stuck, now ya know to bring a strap or a come-along! Exactly like mine. I'd post some pics except I have dial-up and I'm not going to wait 3 hrs. to upoad 1 pic.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We have been going offroadevery couple of weekends now and I just ignore some of the scratches in the plastic bumpers now. A few of us went out last weekend and the wives drove offroad. Had a great time, my wife nosed us into the side of a washout and we had to be pulled out.
The plan worked, she came out of the day saying we needed a lift kit and better tires!

Lift kit is since installed and now she wants to go out next weekend to try out the extra height.

·
Registered
422 Posts
just dont let her get the idea that its hers!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts