Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a wiring harness for i-pod & Mp3 Player which my jeep did not have on the limited version. When using the mp3 player the music sounds fine when using the i-pod depending on the quality of the song the singer sounds lower in volume than the song itself. Do I need to flash the Amp. and if so, How do I do it? Also do I need a switch so that when some one is watching the dvd player over the earphone I could also listen to music on my mp3 is it possible? can anyone hepl me. Thanks in advance:bowdown:

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have an 06 Commander limited edition... but there was no iPod/mp3 connection. I tried the method of using the rca jack inputs that are located next to the DVD player and while it does work, the delay from the start of a track playing until the internal guts recognize the audio means that the first 10 seconds are always missing from each track.

Now I am not a big iPod user, but I sure would like a simple inexpensive wiring upgrade that would allow me to play mp3 audio through the system. The wireless route alla Belkin is only so-so as I live near Washington DC so there are many FM stations.

Can you describe what your purchased and what was necessary to install?

Thanks

KKKKFL

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can purchase a harness for your MP3 I dont have the detail now as my friend who purchase and intall it is on holiday. I will let you known when he get back. It is very easy to install just pull out the dash which is the hex screws on the front. four screws that hold the radio. pull it out unplug the harness and follow the instruction. It's easy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts