Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2006 Commander and need a new set of tires. Well my spare was a brand new GoodYear Fortera so I was just going to buy 3 new ones and use one of the old tires as a spare. I did some research and found that there are two types of the Fortera 105S that I have on my Jeep. One has white wall and one doesn't. The ones I have are white walled but I wanted to know if I could flip them around so that the black walls show and the letters are on the inside of the vehicle. PLEASE HELP!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yes you can just flip the tire over and it will be fine, the only thing you might want to worry about is if a spare has been under a car for along time it will probably have some wear marks/grooves in the sidewall that was against the bottom of the jeep.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just had my 2010 commander a couple weeks, and decided to put a new set of OEM Goodyear Fortera HL's on it the day after acquiring it.

Yeah they are a 60k rated tire that wear out in the early to mid 40k's but since they looked like they wore VERY evenly, still rode well when "worn", sidewalls still looked good, and the price at only $113 a tire, I felt I couldn't go wrong with them knowing I'll have to get another set in about 40K. (which will probably be 7 years worth of my driving distance in the Jeep).

My new GY Fortera's purchased at America's Tire only have blackwall.

Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts