Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to change the transfer case fluid on my QII case. In the owner manual it says Mopar only specific fluid. I hear from other sources ATF+4 full synthetic is useable also. I called the dealership and they didn't know but they didn't have the Mopar specific fluid in stock so that leads me too believe that another fluid is compatible. Any experience would be helpful

·
Registered
371 Posts
I checked my glove box owner's manual and it says ATF +4 for both transmission and transfer case.

·
Registered
350 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have just royally cocked up my transfer case refill!!!

So frustrating as was all going so smoothly until the refill and I did not choose a pump that fit directly onto the bottle. Long story short...lots of different tubes and parts and oil going everywhere.

I have got through both bottles of the fluid and it’s not coming out of the case. I reckon I’m not far off but lost a good few glugs of oil.

If the dealer doesn’t have any tomorrow do you reckon if it’s the end of the world to use a small amount of the old fluid I collected? Don’t think it looked too bad, certainly darker though. It got collected in a new pan and then sieved as you can see from this video. I know it’s not ideal but I desperately need to use it tomorrow afternoon so need it filled to the correct amount.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETQdQgtB_P4

1 - 8 of 8 Posts