Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it possible to swap my transfer case from QT1, to a QT2?? what do i need to replace has any one done this??

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I have not read anyone doing that, I'm not a mech. but I would think that there is alot more to it than switching out transfer casing.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
No one on the forum has done it yet. I can install the QT II T-Case and shift mechanism in a matter of hours but im not sure how the electrical/computer stuff would work out.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
but im not sure how the electrical/computer stuff would work out.
Good point as the Transfer case has a motor to control the torque distribution between axles and that is controlled by the computer !

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I think when you get into that kind of a mod, you are better off trading for the vehicle that already has what you want. Are you sure you want to put a 4 inch lift on a QTI with a 3.7L six? I think you bought the wrong truck. Get a V8 and a QDII then do your mods.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
I think when you get into that kind of a mod, you are better off trading for the vehicle that already has what you want. Are you sure you want to put a 4 inch lift on a QTI with a 3.7L six? I think you bought the wrong truck. Get a V8 and a QDII then do your mods.
I 100% agree and he's from Michigan!

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I 100% agree and he's from Michigan!
Well, I grew up in Akron, OH...or as we said it Akrn, Ahya. Born in Indiana. Kinda Big Ten, multiple personality guy.:ugh2::rofl:

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Couldn't agree more

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Ill sell you my engine, transfer case and axles and then ill upgrade to the HEMI with QD II.:bowdown:

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Ill sell you my engine, transfer case and axles and then ill upgrade to the HEMI with QD II.:bowdown:
I'll sell you my 07 XK with Hemi, QDII, and upgrade to a 2009 with a Hemi and QDII...Oh, if only it could be real.:eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
266 Posts
as long as the transfer case bolt pattern was the same, it would swap over easy.
as soon as some one does this and posts what it costs, i will start saving so i can do the same ....what do you think? after upping the gears adding the 4' superlift on top of the 2" RC lift :rofl: how would that look Hu? Hu? ya baby :banana_hitit: oh ya and some 35's

1 - 12 of 12 Posts