Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, did a search, but inconclusive...do some Sports have Quadra Drive II or only the Limited/Overlands? I'm talking the 2006 or 2007 models. Thanks for the info XK experts. If you ever need XJ info, let me know, lol!

Bill

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Only available on Limiteds and Overlands for 2006 and I think 2007.

·
Registered
887 Posts
2008 it was an option with the 4.7's.

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
I purchased my 2006 Commander new - I have QDII - I also have the window sticker and the sales brochure. QDII was an option on the Commander U package and Commander Limited with the 4.7, standard with the Limited Hemi. Just as an FYI, there was not a Sport in 2006, only the Commander and Commander Limited. Commanders were available with 3 option packages: S, T, U, Limiteds were H. Sports were introduced in 2007 along with the Overland.:eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've got a 2007 Commander Sport, with the diesel engine and QuadraDrive II. At least in Europe I think all models are only available with that. And all I can say is that I have never ever been stuck with it anywhere. :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
My 2007 Commander Sport 4.7L is equipped with the QDII - I just checked the build sheet to verify (it doesn't have the badge near the gear shifter like the limiteds do).

·
Registered
232 Posts
The 3.7L (4x4) was available in 2006 (i think 2007 also) with QT1 as standard and QT2 as an option. I looked at a 2006 3.7L with QT2 when I was originally looking for my Commander. I've also got on a parts site once (lost the web address) that listed a QT2 transfer case for the 3.7L engine.

John

·
Registered
98 Posts
My Commander is a 2006 with a 4.7L engine and it is equipped with QuadraTracII. It is not the Limited model they sold that year (2006). My 2006 has the smaller fender flares (without the faux bolts). That is one way to differentiate the 2006 Limited model (which has the faux bolts in the fender flares).

--Spike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts