Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First off, I know 16s typically don't fit on an XK, so no need to refer me to the search function.

I also know that some guys have been able to run smaller wheels on other rigs by using the right backspacing, etc to clear the calipers.

However, I was looking at Quadratec's website, and they actually say the **** Cepek DC2's will fit a Commander in 16x8.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/92605_4005_07.htm

The guy I chatted with at Quadratec swears they will fit. Apparently **** Cepek says they fit too. They say they were designed for the highest amount of caliper clearance. I have an email in to them.

I'm trying to find a local tire shop with these in stock so I can have them throw one on. Just wondering if anyone else is interested enough to take a look near them.

LOL..it censored his name...

·
Super Moderator
15,101 Posts
The stock Commander wheels have 6" of backspacing. The ones in your link only have 4" of backspacing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jeep5253- You're right. It just seems like 2" wouldn't get the wheel out of the way of the caliper. I was wondering if anyone had seen the wheels and thought they had made more room on the rim for calipers, i.e. the inside of the wheel somehow has more clearance than a typical 16".

Sal- Really, I just noticed the fact that when I looked for wheels on Quadratec, some 16s came up. I saw a couple threads asking about smaller wheels, and thought this might be useful. But for me, I just like the look of smaller wheel/more tire better . I don't think 16" tires are any cheaper if you buy new, but they are a bit more common on Craigslist around here. Not my motivation anyway.

·
Registered
423 Posts
If I could run 16's I would in order to get a tire with a taller side wall. However I'm sure 16's won't fit the XK's.

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
How about a nice set of 20" Chrome Clad "pimp" wheels from a 2011 Nitro? :banana_hitit:

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
16's wont fit period. I tired installing a set of my buddies for the hell of it. They were 4.5 inches of back spacing and still wouldnt clear with my 1.25 inch wheel spacers still installed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Put this one to bed. I found a 2011 fitment guide from Cepek. No 16s listed for a Commander. One more vendor I won't trust when it comes to my Commander.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts