Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to put some black rain guards on my 06 Co.
I noticed a few different manufacturers and a couple different styles. Anyone have any recommendations as to who makes the best quality? Any pics with your recommendations are greatly appreciated :bowdown:

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
I prefer the WeatherTech because they fit into the window channels, rather than stick to the outside of the door with 3M tape. :eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
696 Posts
x2 for Weathertech inside the window channel style

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks guys. Checked out the weathertech site and they look like quality. I think I'm going to order some slush mats from them as well. Thanks again!

·
Registered
19 Posts
How do you like the Weathertech version? I'm looking at the MOPAR version now because it looks like they stick out more (more room between vent and window glass). I like the extra room because I smoke and it lets me ash easier.

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
How do you like the Weathertech version? I'm looking at the MOPAR version now because it looks like they stick out more (more room between vent and window glass). I like the extra room because I smoke and it lets me ash easier.
I haven't purchased them yet - I'm still on the fence, as to how they look. The Weathertech have a thin lip that goes in the window channel. That is why they are closer. The Mopar ones stick to the door frame with 3M tape. I had the Weathertech on an Explorer years ago, and could find no fault with them. My wife is a smoker - she had no issues with them. Either kind work - you have to decide which ones you like better. When it rains, I get water in the drivers door if I open the window. That is why I am considering them. :mofo:

·
Registered
242 Posts
if you look in my gallery you can see the type that i HAD (sold commander). they are the in window ones. which i highly advise. cause the tape on the outside ones just look disgusting.

·
Registered
14 Posts
A company called Stampede makes quality channel style rain guards. I have put them on 2 of my vehicles, and use them on all our company vehicles. I have never had them break, an only one out of 20 on company vehicles have broke. I think the tree an employee hit had a lot to do with it. They offer a 4 piece set for the commander along with a bug deflector and sunroof windscreen.

No employees were harmed during this reply.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Watch out if you order them off the internet. Make sure you specify that you want the in channel rain gaurds. I thought I looked into the set I bought but when received, they were the stick on ones. I had to return them and pay an extra $15.00 to ship them back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts