Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into buying a 2006 Jeep Commander and I am wondering about the warrenty. I had a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee and that came with a 7/70,000 miles powertrain. I then had a dealer tell me that the 2006 Grand Cherokee's only had 3/36,000 miles powertrain warrenty. Is this the same for the commander?

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
The 2006 Commander has the 3yr/36,000mi bumper to bumper warranty. It does not have the 7yr/70,000mi powertrain. You can buy an extended warranty.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I have the 06 and purchased the lifetime power train for under $1,000.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
I got the Lifetime Max Care from my Lithia Dodge dealership for $5k. Yeah, its a lot, but it covers everything mechanical until ... forever ... I suppose. So, initially its a bundle, but the peace of mind when I hear strange noises is priceless.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Higgins11 said:
a49erfan

did you go through jeep or another company

anybody else have suggestions
I purchased mine from the Jeep Dealer within 90 days of my original purchase.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
CUPRA said:
Is there a good 'reputable' source for an extended warranty on the Commander?
www.warrantydirect.com

This is were most of the smart car owners are getting theirs as the smart only comes with a 2year/24,000 mile warranty.

·
Registered
128 Posts
As an 06 Commander owner that has piled up 77,000 miles and had some wierd problems, I can highly recommend the warrenty approach. Last weekend I had the starter just quit. And two weeks earlier I finally had the dealer concur that the fron Dif was noisey. He wound up rebuilding the front drivetrain and was able to get most covered under warrenty, since I had been complaining about front end noises for many months.
KKKKFL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts