Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to add the oem foglights. I see that the wiring is already in the bumper. Does the wiring for the switch need to be changed and is the switch easily replaced ?

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
The switch for the fog lights in on the end of the signal light/headlight wand. You pull the end of the wand to the left to turn on the fog lights. They work with either the parking lamps or head lights. I would assume that you would have to replace the whole wand, but I'm not sure if all of the wiring would be pre-installed.:eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I know where the switch is and how it works, I am hoping someone has done the switch swap and can tell me how easy it is to do.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I think I remember it being done, try searching the site, I bet your answers are out there.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
If you order the kit it comes with the wand. Its easy to install. The fun part is once your fogs and wand are installed you need to go to the dealer and have then tell the commander it has fog lights via StarScan. My dealer did it for me at no cost. It takes about 5 minutes of their time.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
You need four items ..

1. Two foglights
  2. Foglights fuse
  3. New lights switch to have the Fog lights position
They all come in one kit or you can buy then separate and installing them is very easy, and then you need to enable it via Starscan in the dealer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts