Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i traded in my charger RT for a 06 commander limited with 5.7 HEMI. i had the same motor in my charger so i kept my predator assuming i could use it with the commander. before i flash, i want to make sure there wont be an issue with the fact that i have the "tow/haul" mode selector which obviously makes on the fly changes to the computer. can anyone confirm they have a HEMI with "tow/haul" and used a predator to flash? i love this programer. after i returned the stock tune so that i could trade the charger in, driving to the dealership was boring. i couldn't believe how much power the performance tune added. it became real apparent after returning the stock tune.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Not sure, will it even let you program your commander? I thought the commander model of predator didn't have any challenger/charger capability and vice versa...so I ended up getting the trinity for longevity sake (still waiting on it to arrive).

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
now than you mention it, i have not looked to see that the commander is listed for my predator. i was just assuming it should work because its the same motor.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so i looked it up and it turns out i need a U7137, and i have a U7135. i guess i will need to sell mine and buy the correct one. but my original question still remains. im curious if its safe to reprogram considering the tow/haul option.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It is perfectly safe to program. In fact the tow haul can be programmed seperately in the tune as well.. I am new here, currently in the market for a used commander, but I also happen to be an authorized diablo custom tuner.

·
Registered
128 Posts
so i looked it up and it turns out i need a U7137, and i have a U7135. i guess i will need to sell mine and buy the correct one. but my original question still remains. im curious if its safe to reprogram considering the tow/haul option.
What year was your charger? I'm looking to pick up a Predator for my 05 Magnum.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have the inTune i1000 (latest tuner from Diablo) and have had no problems with the tow/haul mode. Customer service also said it's a separate tune that would not be affected.

As far as I know, the tunes between the Predator and inTune are identical.

The only thing I am currently having a problem with, is that when I disable the traction control through the inTune (this completely turns off all forms of traction control) I think it also inadvertently locks the transfer case. I can't confirm this, but is is very hard to turn in this mode.

This is not too important, as there is little reason to do it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts