Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I recently ordered the ome HD lift and 1.5” spacers for my commander. I noticed a lot of talk about the wheel size/etc when discussing lifts and I was wondering if the stock wheels from a 2016 wrangler would be okay for the commander? I plan on using 265/70/17’s if possible.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
487 Posts
You shouldn't have any problems with the setup you're planning. JK wheels have similar backspacing and width to XK wheels, so you'll have no problems there. The main concern with JK wheels is that some designs don't quite clear the brake caliper, requiring wheel spacers, but since you've already got 1.5" spacers planned everything should be fine.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Okay, I DID find some 265/70/r18 on Sahara rims. Thoughts? Anyone?
Those are going to rub. I ran a set of 265/70/18 Nittos on WK2 wheels (similar backspacing to JK wheels) and 1.5" wheel spacers and had rubbed even after the pinch weld mod. With the pinch weld mod and some serious liner modifications I was able to drive with only minor rubbing at full lock.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Okay, I DID find some 265/70/r18 on Sahara rims. Thoughts? Anyone?
Exactly what I have. Stock Sahara wheels and tires, though the tires are on their way out. Front fit fine because I have the OME with the 5100—that gives me an extra .75 clearance in the front. Rears have no issues. They are on 1.5" Rough Country spacers.

Haven't flexed it offroad or anything, but onroad it's great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts