Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

New member here. I've had my 06 Commander only a few weeks, and have only had the chance to drive it a few times (I live in downtown London and driving it to work is out of the question). So, I haven't had the chance to fully get used to the vehicle. This is probably a dumb question but I'll ask it anyway. When playing the radio/CD/DVD, the front speakers are VERY loud and blast the front seat occupiers. I have to fade the sound almost completely to the rear to balance it out. I have a feeling it has something to do with the headphone entertainment system which allows different passengers to listen to different things, but as I said I haven't had the change to play with the system. Can someone help?

Thanks in advance. Mark

·
Registered
17 Posts
Do you have the Boston Accoustic Sound package? I do and the front is very over powering for compared to the rear. You can turn on the headphones which I am sure you know and you can listen to CD/Radio. I am thinking of replacing the rear door speakers with a two way system with a tweeter mounted higher in the door to get the sound up to right height in the rear. May want to check on the this. You change them out for about 150 Euros intalled for a pretty good set. Welcome and I hope this helps you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip, but I am convinced that there is something in the set up that I have off. There is no way Jeep would put out such a nice sound system so blatantly mis-balanced. I'll try turning off the headphone feed and see if that does the trick.

Mark

·
Registered
556 Posts
Think it's just the way they were made. Mine's like that too. Never have to many rear passengers, so its fine for us, but a lot are replacing the speakers with aftermarkets, and say it's a huge difference.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I recenty purchased a used 07 Overland, with all the bells and whistles. I noticed that the remote was missing and the dealer grabbed another one. Now I just found out that it may have wireless headphones? Is that correct?

Would they be hidden in the truck somewhere?

Many thanks,

CG

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
cguthrie said:
I recenty purchased a used 07 Overland, with all the bells and whistles. I noticed that the remote was missing and the dealer grabbed another one. Now I just found out that it may have wireless headphones? Is that correct?

Would they be hidden in the truck somewhere?

Many thanks,

CG
Yes, it comes with two headphones. Check under the front seats. That is where I keep mine. Or check in the little jack storage bin in the cargo floor.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Rubicon,

Thanks. I will check when I get it back this week. It was rear ended the 1st week of December, and despite only minor damage Progressive still has not completed the repair to my satisfaction!

Unbelievable. But most importantly my 8 months pregnant wife and 3 year old were fine, which is what really matters.

And people ask me why I have heavy vehicles!

CG

·
Super Moderator
14,964 Posts
cguthrie said:
You are supposed to have two pair of wireless headphones with the rear entertainment system. Since you bought it used they may not have been with the vehicle when it was traded. Tell the dealer you want them.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
I just purchased four off ebay for $65.00 plus $15 shipping.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts