Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has an 06 with the bose system single din which I am going to install an in dash dvd and headrest monitors. I have installed a few dvd/radio units on these vehicles but never headrest monitors and I want to make sure I plan accordingly. The question I have is, do you just run rca's from the monitors to the video out of the head unit (and of course power and ground of the monitors) or is there something more that i'm not thinking of? Also, when using an aftermarket dvd player, how does the dvd play from the in dash unit to the rear monitors while driving (I know mist units wont let you play dvd's while driving)? I have also thrown around the idea of just using an under the seat type dvd player to keep the clean look of the stock radio.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, if I decided to go with an under seat dvd player I assume I would need an fm modulator so I could have audio. Would I need anything else?

·
1,993 Posts
Most after market systems allow you to do what you want with them. How would the system know your driving unless you tied it into the computer. You just run the cables to the DVD system which ever system you plan on going with. There are some clean headrest installs on this forum just try a search and see if you can find them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts