Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed 3 inch strut Forks on the front of the commander to give it a 3 inch lift. When I measure the strut Fork it look like it was only 2 inches taller than the stock strut Fork. After the install it looks like the total distance raised is approximately 5 inches. This doesn't seem to make sense to me so I could use some input. In addition to the 3 inch lift I added Bilstein shocks. I have not done the back yet and I'm playing to install two and a half inch lift in the rear. I thought the combination of the two would level the commander out. I am concerned about the height in the front.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just installed 3 inch strut Forks on the front of the commander to give it a 3 inch lift. When I measure the strut Fork it look like it was only 2 inches taller than the stock strut Fork. After the install it looks like the total distance raised is approximately 5 inches. This doesn't seem to make sense to me so I could use some input. In addition to the 3 inch lift I added Bilstein shocks. I have not done the back yet and I'm playing to install two and a half inch lift in the rear. I thought the combination of the two would level the commander out. I am concerned about the height in the front.
What kind of lift did you use and do you like the outcome?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts