Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I'm wanting to grab some new rims soon (feel free to suggest some if you'd like!) and I was just wanting to make sure that I wouldn't need to do any extreme modding to make them fit or anything like that. I want to stick with the tires I have now (which I believe are P245/65R17, I'll have to check tomorrow), so what rim size am I restricted to (17x?.?)? As long as I conform to that, I shouldn't have any rub or fit problems, correct? The only thing I could think of is not having caliper clearance, and in that case what are the required offset and backspace sizes for a setup like this? Would wheel spacers also solve the problem should it arise?

Thanks!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I run +18 offset and they sit even with the flares
What about backspace?

Upon looking around a bit more, seems like I can use anywhere from 17x7.5 up to 17x9 sized rims. I'm probably going to grab a set of vtec rims, hopefully they fit without issue.

·
Registered
226 Posts
They don't list bs for my wheels. I know the formula but don't feel like figuring it out. They are 18x8 with a +15 offset. I'm running 255/65/18 with no rub before or after lift

Edit: wrote +18 on previous but they are 15

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Think I'd be okay with an offset of 12 on 17x8.5 tires? They're Vtec Warlord 394's. I'm also looking at Vtec Brutal 392's with 25 offset on 17x8.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want to get the Brutals. This guy has them on his Commander, but I don't know if he is using spacers nor can I really tell:

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/album.php?albumid=490

The only thing I'm concerned about is the offset/backspace. They're 17x8 +6 offset which equates to 4.7" backspace (according to the calculator) but Vision Wheels says they are 4.75" backspace. The ebay listing I'm looking at even puts them at a different 4.67" backspace. Would I be safe around this range from hitting the calipers?

Thanks guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts