Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I've been a several month lurker here and with Christmas around the corner I figured I'd spend some money on my 06 Commander. I just bought Sylvania zXe headlights (I'll post these up once I have them installed for everyone to see) and I'm thinking of either buying LED smoked tail lights or possibly upgrading the exhaust for a nice rumble. I'm fairly new in the world of cars so I don't know what all is really required here in order to do such an upgrade.

Do I only need to replace the muffler in order to get a rumble out of my engine?
-If not, what else needs replaced?

How much might this upgrade cost to install on top of buying the muffler?

What specifications do I need to follow?

Anything in particular I should definitely know about exhaust upgrades? (I've read a lot of pages on it here, but nothing has been very informative when it comes to actually upgrading)

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
661 Posts
if you looking for sound only get a magnaflow muffler part number 12256 works good and get a good looking tip if you want. install for both muffler and tip should cost around 60-80 dollars check out advance autoparts.com they have a sweet deal buy a product for a hundred dollars and get 15 %off and get 50 off future purchases.

If you want a performance exhaust go with a catback again more money but more of a performance upgrade On my 1 commander a 4.7 i have borla cat bac love it
and on my 3.7 i have a magnaflow muffler also love that

by the way welcoe to the family and happy jeepin

connor (aka )Hummer recovery team

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information!

Any suggestions as to what tip to get? Also, are there certain size specifications I need to follow for the muffler and/or tip?

Thanks!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went out and measured, pipe is 2.5". I'm assuming muffler shops will also have spare pipe to weld on when I replace the larger OEM muffler?

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts