Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!
I’ve recently purchased a 2008 Jeep Commander Limited, and I have a couple of questions, that I’m hoping someone might have answers to? Or perhaps even experienced this themselves? First, the front passenger seat is much lower than the driver seat. It does slide forward and backward, as well as the back goes back and forth. But I can’t seem to figure out how the entire seat raises, so it is equal height of the driver seat. Or is this just the way it’s meant to be and normal? There are levers on the inner sides of each seat, I have no idea what they’re for.
Also, the right ( passenger) side of my instrument panel lights ( heat/AC area lights) are not illuminated. I assumed it was a matter of a new bulb. But I was told the entire thing is LED, and Is more involved than changing bulbs, and requires a bunch of dash stuff all being removed to get to LED board?
Any advice? Suggestions? Feedback very much appreciated, thanks! Jen

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
The passenger seat does not go up or down on my XK and has been that way since new. If you search the forum there are posts on how to fix the LED lights you are referencing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The passenger seat does not go up or down on my XK and has been that way since new. If you search the forum there are posts on how to fix the LED lights you are referencing.
Thanks!!

·
Administrator
16,029 Posts
First, the front passenger seat is much lower than the driver seat. It does slide forward and backward, as well as the back goes back and forth. But I can’t seem to figure out how the entire seat raises, so it is equal height of the driver seat. Or is this just the way it’s meant to be and normal?
@Jenmv The front part of the driver's seat can be raised and lowered, the passenger's seat does not have this feature.

There are levers on the inner sides of each seat, I have no idea what they’re for.
These levers adjust the lumbar support.

Also, the right ( passenger) side of my instrument panel lights ( heat/AC area lights) are not illuminated. I assumed it was a matter of a new bulb. But I was told the entire thing is LED, and Is more involved than changing bulbs, and requires a bunch of dash stuff all being removed to get to LED board?
The factory bulbs were not LEDs they were just incandescent bulbs. Yes, the bulbs can be replaced but it does involve removing some of the console and the center stack. The new bulbs will have to be soldered in. You can replace the incandesents with LEDs. There are threads here in the forum with instructions on how to replace the bulbs. There are also videos on youtube showing how to do it.

FYI, the seat info is in the Owner's Manual, which is always a good place to look for info first. If you do not have a manual you can download one for free on the Jeep website (jeep.com).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Jenmv The front part of the driver's seat can be raised and lowered, the passenger's seat does not have this feature.

These levers adjust the lumbar support.

The factory bulbs were not LEDs they were just incandescent bulbs. Yes, the bulbs can be replaced but it does involve removing some of the console and the center stack. The new bulbs will have to be soldered in. You can replace the incandesents with LEDs. There are threads here in the forum with instructions on how to replace the bulbs. There are also videos on youtube showing how to do it.

FYI, the seat info is in the Owner's Manual, which is always a good place to look for info first. If you do not have a manual you can download one for free on the Jeep website (jeep.com).
Thanks, so much, for all of the great information and suggestions!

·
Administrator
16,029 Posts
Thanks, so much, for all of the great information and suggestions!
@Jenmv You are welcome! Also, please go to your profile and create a "signature" containing the info about your Commander. This will help members when you are asking for help. Thanks. See mine below for a reference. Yours does not have to be that detailed. LOL

·
Super Moderator
6,930 Posts
Hey everyone!
I’ve recently purchased a 2008 Jeep Commander Limited, and I have a couple of questions, that I’m hoping someone might have answers to? Or perhaps even experienced this themselves? First, the front passenger seat is much lower than the driver seat. It does slide forward and backward, as well as the back goes back and forth. But I can’t seem to figure out how the entire seat raises, so it is equal height of the driver seat. Or is this just the way it’s meant to be and normal? There are levers on the inner sides of each seat, I have no idea what they’re for.
Any advice? Suggestions? Feedback very much appreciated, thanks! Jen
Jen:

You can try one of these links, but my guess is, that new window trim may be hard to come by;

Chrysler/Jeep Factory Parts: https://www.factorychryslerparts.com/

North American Parts: https://northamericanparts.rpmware.c...unt/login.aspx

JustforJeeps.com - https://www.justforjeeps.com/

CARiD.com - https://www.carid.com/?gclid=CjwKEAj...NrrxoCEBbw_wcB

RockAuto - https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...catalog%2Fjeep

Hope this helps.

Welcome to the forum. Please read this and fill in some of your details and make a signature with the Commander details
(1) Forum Rules / Vendor Rules | Jeep Commander Forum
To change your signature and other info -
Try starting here - Click in the little avatar top right - picture attached. Then select the "Account Settings" that should get you going.

To see what your Commander has in it when built - have your VIN number handy and go here
Chrysler Build sheet - Equipment Listing

·
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
1,028 Posts
To raise the drivers seat, if you have power seats. The same switch that changes the forward, rearward can also raise the seat. It is a bit touchy to find the spot on the switch - but it should do it by lifting up or pushing down on it in the middle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts